Block 2 UNIT 5
What do you think about healthy food?
A healthy diet is one that provides all the essential nutrients and energy that each person needs to stay healthy.
A well-fed person has more opportunities:
- To develop fully
- Healthy Living
- Learn and work better
- Protect yourself from diseases.
The varied diet ensures the incorporation and use of all the nutrients they need to grow and healthy living.
Healthy eating, and improve the quality of life at all ages, has been shown to prevent the development of diseases such as:
- Cerebrovascular Diseases and cardio
- Some cancers
To eat healthy we recommend:
Distribute food into 4 main meals and 2 snacks
• Moderate your portion sizes
• Consume 2 day 3 servings of fruits and vegetables of all kinds and color
• At lunch and dinner, half the plate to be vegetables and a dessert
• Incorporate legumes, whole grains, seeds and dried fruit.
• Use red or white (chicken or fish) no more than 5 times a week meats.
• Cook without salt. Replace it with parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary and other
• Avoid using salt shaker on the table.
• Limit sugar and alcohol.
Do your best to make healthy food choices and incorporate some physical the activity most days. Hiking with friends, walk your dog, dancing and taking the stairs instead of the elevator can be as valuable as running on the tape.